Getting the Local Windows User's Name
- To prep for getting the right user name press the windows key and click on the user icon:
- Next click on the "Change account settings"
- This opens up the current user's info window. We will want to leave this window open so we can copy the User's name.
- The easiest way to get the correct user name is to click on the "Browse..." button.
- This will open up the "Select User" window
- With this window open, we will now put all the pieces together. While able to see the "Your Info" window, the section with the user name, type the user name into the "Enter the object name to select (example):" text field. Unfortunately Windows does not allow you to copy your user name so it will need to be typed in.
- Once you have the user name typed in click on the "Check Names" button. This will verify that the name is a user and modify your input to fully resolve the path and name.
- After it has verified your user name click the "OK" button. The "This account:" field will now be filled in with your account path and name. After entering this accounts password and confirm password fields you can click "Apply".
- Return to your previous step in "Changing the Service's User". (step 4)