- Make sure the Printer Client is installed on the Windows machine that will be hosting the printer — Installing the Printer and Scales Client
- Install the printer on the Windows machine that will be the host
- This is just a normal, everyday printer installation on a Windows machine. For specific details on how to install your printer on a Windows machine please consult the manufacturer's documentation.
- Zebra printers often allow the user to select whether they are installing it as a USB connected printer or as Wi-Fi connected.
- Sometimes to install the printer it first has to connect by USB so the drivers are installed on the Windows machine before switching it to a Wi-Fi connection.
- Once the printer is installed on the host Windows machine:
- Use the ShipStream Printer interface to setup the printer and assign it a resource name. — Resource names are prefixed with "laser_", "label_", "smalllabel_". — Printer Setup
- Once the printer is configured in the Print Server, scan its resource barcode with any device using the Scanner UI ( the dark gray background pages used on the production floor ) to allow that device to use the scanned printer for printing.