Table of Contents
Updated by Cory M.
The Grid View allows for some key features that will make understanding your data much easier:
Below almost all column headers are fields where the user can set a filter to view only specified records. This may be a drop-down menu of pre-defined criteria, a text input box, or a date selector. When a filter has been entered, the user must hit enter or click "Search" before it is applied to the Grid View.
Text columns are typically case-insensitive and can be filtered with a simple text match. See Advanced Grid Filtering for a guide to using the many advanced search capabilities that text fields support.
query*). To search anywhere in a text field use a wildcard before and after your query (e.g.
Columns which use a select box for filtering also support selecting multiple options by clicking the + button below the field. Hold "Ctrl" while selecting options to select multiple options at once or use "Shift" to select a range of options.
Click "Reset" to clear all search filters and return the grid to the default state.
Timestamp columns can be filtered with a From and To date, but you can also add a time component to your filter by clicking on the "From" and "To" labels:
If a time component is not used the filter condition will be interpreted as:
- From: "greater than or equal to the From date at 00:00:00"
- To: "less than or equal to the To date at 23:59:59"
Numeric columns can be filtered with a range which is inclusive for both the From and To values.
You can check a box on a mass-action enabled grid and then change the column filter to Any, Yes, or No where "Yes" means the checkbox is checked and "No" means it is not checked.
This allows you to, for example, check all rows for a large search excluding only certain rows:
- Search for a given criteria
- Check the boxes of the records you want to exclude
- Choose "No" in the checkbox column and update your search
- Click Select All - the items that were checked in step 2 will not be included in the mass action
Most grids allow for the data to be exported to CSV or Excel XML. To download an export file, click the dropdown next to the export button, choose a data set and file type, and click Export.
Mass actions allow you to affect any number of selected items in a Grid View.
- To use this feature, select the items using the check boxes on the left-most column in a Grid View or use Select All or Select Visible to choose one or more items to which your action will apply.
- Then click the menu next to “Actions” on the right side of the Grid View to see the action that can be applied and choose the appropriate action. Some actions may have additional fields that appear when chosen.
- After selecting an Action click Submit.