Printers and Scales
Trouble Shooting Printer and Scale Server
Troubleshooting the Print and Scale Server
Changing the Print and Scale Services' User
Getting the Local Windows User's Name
Zebra Printer Margin Troubleshooting
Installing the Printer and Scale Client
Printer - Additional Arguments
Order Processing Loop
Ready to Ship
"Unable to Process" Order status
Custom Fields for Orders
External Shipping Methods
Tracking Numbers for Offline Shipments
Other Shipping Options
Packing Slip Design
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Bill of Materials
Bill of Materials — Quantity-types
Import Bill of Materials
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Third Party Billing
Login via Badge
API Users and Roles
External Shipping Method API
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
How-To: FedEx Production Key Certification
How-To: Brand-Specific Shipping Account
Pattern and Replacement RegEx
ISO Alpha-2 Country Codes
Table of Contents
Updated by Cory M.
ShipStream uses Packaging Features as items that can be added to a shipment during packing to help ensure that orders are packed in a specific way, using specific supplies, or to collect data and more. There are five types of Packaging Features which are:
- Data Collection
Create a Packaging Feature
- Navigate to Shipping > Packaging Features.
- Click Add Packaging Feature at the top right.
- Choose which Merchant will "own" this Packaging Feature.
- Select a Packaging Type according to your needs.
- Containers - These are items that can contain your products for shipping or some special purpose designations like nylon straps.
- Supplies - These are used in situations that require special tape, packing material, stickers, etc. The packer will be notified of which supplies to use and how much.
- Data Collection - Use this type to collect data from the packer about the items being packed such as serial numbers, net weight, etc.
- Instructions - Prompt the packer with special instructions for packing. You can specify when and how often these instructions appear to the packer.
- Infill - This packaging type is used not only to indicate to the packer which type of infill to use and how much, but it also makes sure that space is reserved in the container by the Packing Solutions.
Once a packaging feature has been created successfully, it will be available when selecting products for an order, and can be viewed in the Packaging Features grid.
Using Packaging Features
Although you can do so, Packaging Features are not meant to be added to an order along with the other order items which would cause them to have to be picked with the other items. Instead, they are applied to shipments at the time of packing automatically.
Containers are applied to shipments by the Packing Solutions system, or on-the-fly by the packer during packing by scanning the container's barcode.
Supplies, Data Collection, Instructions
There are many ways to apply these Packaging Features to an order:
- Packaging Feature attributes:
- Always/Never Apply to Goods Type
- Apply Unless Container Meets HazMat Specs
- Product attributes
- Other Special Features or Special Supplies
Please see Infill as this Packaging Feature applies exclusively to the Packing Solutions system. If you have infill items that you would like to apply without using Packing Solutions you can specify them as Supplies but space for them will not be reserved automatically by the Packing Solution algorithms.