Export Batch Orders
External Shipping Methods
Order Processing Loop
Add Tracking Numbers from Scanner
Brand Specific Shipping Account
Other Shipping Options
Packing Slip Design
Ready to Ship
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
FedEx Production Key Certification
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Third Party Billing
Login via Badge
Printers and Scales
Trouble Shooting Printer and Scale Server
Troubleshooting the Print and Scale Server
Changing the Print and Scale Services' User
Getting the Local Windows User's Name
Zebra Printer Margin Troubleshooting
Installing the Printer and Scale Client
Printer - Additional Arguments
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
API Users and Roles
External Shipping Method API
Magento 1 / OpenMage
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
Updated by Cory M.
Rate Shopping is a feature in ShipStream that allows a user to choose a "virtual" shipping method for an order and ShipStream will evaluate the available shipping options that satisfy the criteria and choose the cheapest one for each shipment for that order for you. Several Virtual Shipping Methods are included out of the box but you may modify these and create your own as well.
- Cheapest 2 Day - two-day air and ground methods from all enabled carriers
- Cheapest 3 Day - three-day air and ground methods from all enabled carriers
- Cheapest All - all enabled methods from all enabled carriers
- Cheapest Ground - all strictly ground methods from all enabled carriers
- Cheapest On Time - all enabled methods from all enabled carriers that can reach the destination by the user's provided "Desired Delivery Date"
- Cheapest Overnight - all 1-day methods from all enabled carriers
- Cheapest Postal - all postal service methods and last-mile postal service methods enabled (e.g. FedEx SmartPost)
When a virtual shipping method is chosen, ShipStream will use all of the Rating Data provided to it to determine which carrier and service is the cheapest. The rating data required includes:
- Days In Transit Maps (map country and postal code to a maximum days in transit)
- Zone Maps (map country and postal code to a carrier's zone)
- Rate Plans (map package weight and zone to a shipping cost)
- DAS Maps (optional - tack on Delivery Area Surcharge for greater accuracy of cost to rural areas)
See Rating for more information on setting up the rating data.
Enable Virtual Methods
- Navigate to System > Configuration and click the Shipping Methods tab under Sales.
- Expand the Virtual Shipping Methods pane.
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Select the virtual methods which you would like to enable.
Choose the Best Rate
Rate shopping occurs when an order is allocated to a warehouse and any time these allocations are updated. To use this feature, create or open an order and select the virtual shipping method you wish to use from the shipping method list.
Once a Shipment is created it will be assigned to the appropriate shipping method which can be seen in the Shipment section on the Order page. The actual shipping method used may be updated any time an order's key details changes such as when backordered items come in stock, or the address changes classification, etc.