Export Batch Orders
External Shipping Methods
Order Processing Loop
Add Tracking Numbers from Scanner
Brand Specific Shipping Account
Other Shipping Options
Packing Slip Design
Ready to Ship
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
FedEx Production Key Certification
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Third Party Billing
Login via Badge
Printers and Scales
Trouble Shooting Printer and Scale Server
Troubleshooting the Print and Scale Server
Changing the Print and Scale Services' User
Getting the Local Windows User's Name
Zebra Printer Margin Troubleshooting
Installing the Printer and Scale Client
Printer - Additional Arguments
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
API Users and Roles
External Shipping Method API
Magento 1 / OpenMage
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
Updated by Cory M.
To manage API users go to System > API. This article will instruct users on:
- Overview of the ShipStream API
- Creating API Users
- Creating API Roles
Overview of the ShipStream API
The ShipStream API is has useful endpoints for developers to directly tap into live ShipStream data such as orders and inventory. Developers implementing applications using the ShipStream API should consult the ShipStream API Docs. This article describes how to manage API Users and API Roles which are the credentials needed to authenticate a third-party system with your ShipStream WMS.
Creating API Users
There can be any number of API Users unique to each merchant, which allows for merchants to directly interact with a 3PL's data.
Follow these steps to create an API user:
- Navigate to System > API.
- Click Add New User.
- Select an existing User or create a new one by clicking Add New User.
- Select a Merchant to associate this API user with.
- Choose a User Name that will be used to connect with the API from the external system.
- Fill out the First and Last Name and Email in case ShipStream needs to contact you regarding the usage of the API.
- Choose an API Key to act as a password for access to your ShipStream data.
- Click on the left side menu item User Role, and choose the role with the correct permissions for this user.
- Click Save User.
Creating API Roles
If you would like to provide API access to a third-party that has restricted permissions, you can create a new API Role and assign it to an API User. Create a role by following these steps:
- Navigate to System > API.
- Click API Roles at the top right of the screen.
- Click Add New Role.
- Assign the role a Name, and define which permissions to grant the role under Role Resources.
- The options in Resource Access are "All" or "Custom". Choosing All will grant all permissions to the role, and choosing Custom will allow users to pick the permissions from a tree view that mirrors the main navigation menu options.
- For example, if admin users wish to grant API access for the role to Retrieve Orders Info, but not actually create or modify the orders in anyway, they should select Custom and only check the box next to "Retrieve orders info" under the Sales > Order tree item.
- Once the API Role is defined click Save Role, admin users can create a new API User to have these permissions.