Printers and Scales
Trouble Shooting Printer and Scale Server
Troubleshooting the Print and Scale Server
Changing the Print and Scale Services' User
Getting the Local Windows User's Name
Zebra Printer Margin Troubleshooting
Installing the Printer and Scale Client
Printer - Additional Arguments
Order Processing Loop
Ready to Ship
"Unable to Process" Order status
Custom Fields for Orders
External Shipping Methods
Tracking Numbers for Offline Shipments
Other Shipping Options
Packing Slip Design
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Bill of Materials
Bill of Materials — Quantity-types
Import Bill of Materials
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Third Party Billing
Login via Badge
API Users and Roles
External Shipping Method API
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
How-To: FedEx Production Key Certification
How-To: Brand-Specific Shipping Account
Pattern and Replacement RegEx
ISO Alpha-2 Country Codes
Table of Contents
Updated by Cory M.
Rating Data can be used throughout ShipStream in a handful of different ways:
- to provide real-time rate quotes over the rating API or to third-party integrations such as Shopify
- to inform the Virtual Shipping Methods used by the Rate Shopping feature
- to inform multi-warehouse order allocation algorithms like Simple Cheapest and Simple Fastest
- to generate billable items for the Invoicing feature
A complete set of Rating Data should include:
- Zone Maps
- Days In Transit Maps
- DAS Maps
- Rate Groups
- Merchant Rates
Format the Data
When the rating data is extracted from a carrier, it may not be in a format that ShipStream can readily understand. To fix this, there are some formatting steps that must be taken to successfully import the carrier rating data into ShipStream for Rate Shopping to work.
The postcode field in the data set can be set to a single 5-digit postcode, a range of postcodes with 1-5 digits, or a wildcard denoted with an asterisk ( * ). The examples below are valid formats for postcode entries:
- 1-2 (10000 through 29999)
- 004-005 (00400 through 00599)
- 400-400 (40000 through 40099)
- 48752 (only postcode 48752)
- * (All postcodes within the specified country)
Zone Maps are sets of pre-defined zone numbers assigned to postcodes or postcode ranges. To gather zone data, please refer to the carrier you are setting up. Here are three zone chart resources to get started:
Format the Zone Map using the example file provided (sample_zone_map.csv) as a guide.
EXAMPLE ZONE MAP:
Days In Transit Maps
Days In Transit Maps are sets of pre-defined distances (in days) from the origin to the specified postcode or postcode ranges.
Format the Days In Transit Map using the example file provided (sample-days-in-transit-map.csv) as a guide.
EXAMPLE DAYS IN TRANSIT MAP:
DAS Maps, or Delivery Area Surcharge (including Extended Delivery Area Surcharge) Maps are sets of pre-defined letter codes associated with zip codes or zip code ranges. Each carrier determines what rate to apply with the letter code for the specified zip codes.
Format the DAS Map by starting with the example file (sample_das_map.csv). Users will need to periodically update their DAS, Zone, and Days In Transit Map information from the carrier.
EXAMPLE DAS MAP:
How to Add Maps
- To add a Zone or DAS Map, first navigate to Billing > Zone/DAS Maps.
- Click Add New Map.
- Select the name of the Stock location that the map will be relative to.
- Choose the Map Type:
- DAS - Delivery Area Surcharge (or Extended Delivery Area Surcharge) maps the postcode or postcode range to a letter code.
- Zone - Zone numbers mapped to a postcode or postcode range.
- Days in Transit - This will be a number representing the amount of days to deliver from the origin to the destination.
- Select the Carrier you are constructing a rate map for.
- Choose the Methods that will apply to this rate map.
- Click Choose File to import your DAS, Zone, or Days in Transit Map using the formats mentioned above.