User Roles define a set of "resources" or permissions which assigned users will be granted. Granting only the permissions necessary for a user's legitimate needs and purpose is good practice because it:
- reduces risk should a user's account become compromised
- helps protect the privacy of your customer's data
- simplifies the user interface
Managing User Roles
Navigate to System > Users, then click User Roles to access the User Roles grid.
- Navigate to the appropriate User Roles or Client User Roles grid and then click Add New Role.
- Choose a Role Name that describes what level of access users assigned to this Role with need or their job description (e.g. Accounting, Shipping, Customer Support, etc.).
- Click the Role Resources tab in the left sidebar. Here you can determine which features the users assigned to this User Role (or Client User Role) will have access to.
- Choose Custom as the Resource Access type and check the boxes for the permissions you would like to grant to this role.
- Now click Save Role, and this role will be available when creating users and assigning their roles.