User roles define a set of "resources" or permissions which assigned users will be granted. Restricting access to an "as-needed" basis is good practice for security reasons, privacy reasons, and to simplify the interface.
Creating User Roles
- To create a new Role, navigate to System > Users, then click User Roles, then click Add New Role at the top right of the Roles pane.
- Choose a Role Name that describes what level of access these users need or their job description (e.g. Accounting, Shipping, Ordering, etc.)
- Use the left side menu and choose Role Resources. Here you can determine which features this user role (or client user role) will have access to.
- By choosing All as a Resource Access type, this grants full feature access to the user role, or specify which actions and pages they can view by using Custom.
- Now click Save Role, and this role will appear in the list when creating users and assigning their roles.
The Roles Grid
The Roles grid is separated into 2 main columns:
- Role Name