Printers and Scales
Order Processing Loop
Ready to Ship
"Unable to Process" Order status
Address Validation and Classification
Custom Fields for Orders
Other Shipping Options
External Shipping Methods
Third Party Billing
Packing Slip Design
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Tracking Numbers for Offline Shipments
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Bill of Materials
Bill of Materials - Quantity-types
Import Bill of Materials
Bulk Fulfill Orders
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Login via Badge
Protected Customer Data
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
Amazon Selling Partner
External Shipping Method API
Magento 1 / OpenMage
Merchant API Users and Roles
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
How-To: FedEx Production Key Certification
How-To: Brand-Specific Shipping Account
Pattern and Replacement RegEx
ISO Alpha-2 Country Codes
Package Tracking API Migration Guide (2023.0)
Device Hub Client Updates
Updated by Cory M.
User Roles define a set of "resources" or permissions which assigned users will be granted access to. Granting only the permissions necessary for a user's legitimate needs and purpose is good practice because it:
- reduces risk should a user's account become compromised
- helps protect the privacy of your customer's data
- simplifies the user interface by removing functions that are not needed
Create a User Role
Navigate to System > Users, then click User Roles to access the User Roles grid.
- Navigate to the appropriate User Roles or Client User Roles grid and then click Add New Role.
- Choose a Role Name that describes what level of access users assigned to this Role with need or their job description (e.g. Accounting, Shipping, Customer Support, etc.).
- For Organization User Roles select whether or not the role should be designated as Primary. This field does not appear or apply to Client Users.
- Click the Role Resources tab in the left sidebar. Here you can determine which permissions the users assigned to this User Role (or Client User Role) will have.
- Choose Custom as the Resource Access type and check the boxes for the permissions you would like to grant to this role.
- Click Save Role.