Before attempting to generate and submit an order for a product, be sure to go through the Getting Started instructions first and finish the Initial Configurations section.
Create an Order
- To Create a new order for an existing product(s) navigate to Shipping > Orders and click Create New Order.
- Choose a store to use to submit the order (this may be simply be Default Store View)
- Now you can add products to your order by clicking Add Products in the top right of the window.
- If you have any products created, they will be listed here. To add the desired products, click the item from the list to check the box. Once you have selected the items, click Add Selected Product(s) to Order.
- If you wish to update quantities of a particular item in the order, you may do so in the “Items Ordered” panel by changing the number under the “Qty” column for the item you wish to update. Then click Update Items and Qty’s when you are ready.
- Now you must fill out the shipping address information for the customer who will be receiving the items.
- Be sure to select a classification for the address as Residential, Commercial if this information is available.
- Choose a Shipping Method.
- Click Submit Order
Process an Order
If you just created an order or selected an unprocessed order from the Orders grid view, you should now be looking at the Order View page.
- Click Process, to begin processing the order for shipment.
- Once the item(s) have been picked in the warehouse, click Picked at the bottom in the “Shipment #” pane.
- You should see a confirmation that the shipment has been picked.
- Now scroll to the “Shipment #” pane at the bottom again and click Pack and Ship…
- Choose a package type or select your own package dimensions and click Add Products.
- Select the items you wish to ship by clicking the corresponding check box or click the smallest check box at the top of the list to select ALL, then click Add Selected Product(s) to Package.
- Now you should have two options, Ship Offline and Submit. These buttons will complete the order.
Note: if you receive an error at this stage, please refer to the Initial Configuration section of the documentation in Getting Started.
Orders Grid View
The Orders Grid View displays all orders of any status. You may click the items to view the order and Reorder the order again to create a duplicate. This is useful if there was a mistake and the order needed to be cancelled and modified prior to submitting again.
The list of orders can be exported to csv or xml formats by clicking Export, and it can be filtered such as by their SKU in the Products Ordered column.
Cancel - Cancels the selected order(s).
Hold - Places the selected order(s) on hold.
Unhold - Release the selected order(s) from “on hold” status.
Use Fallback Carrier - Forces the selected order(s) to use the default Carrier set by the admin..
Change Shipping Method - Lets the user choose a different shipping method for the selected item(s).
Print Packing Slips - Generates a PDF with packing slips for the selected order(s).
Print Shipping Labels - Generates a PDF with shipping labels for the selected order(s).
Compose Picking Batch - Creates a picking batch from the selected order(s) if they are able to be converted.
Force Compose Picking Batch - Creates a picking batch from the selected order(s) even if they are not in the same location.
Update Priority - Overrides the algorithm that handles order priorities based on various factors.
Set Backorder Policy - Allows for multiple order(s) to have their backorder policy set to the following options: Use Default, All or Nothing, As Available, Up to X.
Lock to Warehouse - Locks the selected order(s) to a specified warehouse and disables the order from being processed elsewhere.
Unlock from Warehouse - Releases the selected order(s) from being locked to a specified warehouse in the previous option.