An Order belongs to a specific Merchant and is assigned to a specific Store and represents a set of items that should be picked from inventory and remitted to the customer denoted on the Order. Orders may be created via the Admin UI, Client UI, API, Import and Plugins. The operations to fulfill an Order are carried out on one or more Shipments belonging to the Order as, unlike the Order, each Shipment is strictly assigned to a specific warehouse. Users cannot directly create Shipments but must instead create an Order that when processed will result in one or more Shipments (see Order Processing Loop).
Create and complete an Order
Create an Order
- To Create a new order for an existing product(s) navigate to Shipping > Orders and click Create New Order.
- Choose a Store to assign the order to (if multiple stores exist).
- Add products to your order by clicking Add Products in the top right of the window.
- Check the box on the products you would like to add and click Add Selected Product(s) to Order.
- If you wish to update quantities of a particular item in the order, you may do so in the “Items Ordered” panel by changing the number under the “Qty” column for the item you wish to update. Then click Update Items and Qty’s.
- Now you must fill out the shipping address information for the customer who will be receiving the items.
- Select a classification for the address as Residential or Commercial if this information is available.
- Choose a Shipping Method.
- Click Submit Order
Process an Order
As part of the Order Processing Loop, orders are automatically processed into Shipments upon creation. Clicking Process on a Shipment or Process All on the order will cause the Shipments to be reserved to specific shelf locations for picking. This is also performed automatically when creating a batch and is desirable to allow the batch creation process to process the shipments so that the batches and picking locations may be optimized where possible.
Pick a Shipment
If picking by paper you can mark a Shipment as picked by clicking Picked on the order page for the Shipment that you have picked. Please see Picking Batches to pick a shipment using the Scanner UI.
Pack and Ship
Packing can be performed from the Admin UI by clicking Pack and Ship… or from the Scanner UI by tapping Packing from the main menu.
Packing via Admin UI
- From the Order or Shipment page click Pack and Ship...
- Choose a package type or select your own package dimensions and click Add Products.
- Select the items you wish to ship by clicking the corresponding check box or click the smallest check box at the top of the list to select ALL, then click Add Selected Product(s) to Package.
- Now you should have two options, Ship Offline and Submit. These buttons will complete the shipment. If using Submit and a shipping method connected to a live carrier the shipping label and other documents will be fetched and saved on the Shipment.
- Click Print Shipping Label and Print Customs Documents to either download the documents or send them directly to a printer if the appropriate type of printer is already paired.
Note: if you receive an error at this stage, please refer to the Initial Configuration section of the documentation in Getting Started.
Orders Grid View
The Orders Grid View displays all orders of any status that are relevant for the Current Warehouse. You may click a row to view the Order and Reorder the order again to create a duplicate.
After applying the desired filters the order data can be exported to CSV or XML in multiple formats by choosing a format and clicking Export.
You can perform an action on multiple orders at once by checking the boxes in the right-most column or using the "Select All" and "Select Visible" links in the header. Choose and action to perform from the Actions select box and then click "Submit" to perform the action or proceed to the next step.
Cancel - Cancels the selected order(s).
Hold - Places the selected order(s) on hold.
Unhold - Release the selected order(s) from “on hold” status.
Use Fallback Carrier - Changes the Shipping Method to an alternative shipping method. For example, "FedEx Home Delivery" might be changed to "UPS Ground".
Change Shipping Method - Lets the user choose a different shipping method for the selected item(s).
Print Packing Slips - Generates a PDF with packing slips for the selected order(s).
Print Shipping Labels - Generates a PDF with shipping labels for the selected order(s).
Compose Picking Batch - Creates a picking batch from the selected order(s) if they are able to be converted.
Force Compose Picking Batch - Creates a picking batch from the selected order(s) even if they are not in the same location.
Update Priority - Overrides the algorithm that handles order priorities based on various factors.
Set Backorder Policy - Allows for multiple order(s) to have their backorder policy set to the following options: Use Default, All or Nothing, As Available, Up to X.
Lock to Warehouse - Locks the selected order(s) to a specified warehouse and disables the order from being processed elsewhere.
Unlock from Warehouse - Releases the selected order(s) from being locked to a specified warehouse in the previous option.
Create Packing Solution - Create a Packing Solution from the Packages on a completed Order so that future similar Orders may re-use the Packing Solution created.
Regenerate Shipments - Force the Order Processing Loop to re-evaluate the order details and create new Shipments as appropriate.