Updated by Cory M.
EasyPost is a flexible, modern API designed to simplify technical and logistical requirements for shipping. In regards to ShipStream, users can choose EasyPost as an alternative to Stamps.com to ship via USPS. EasyPost offers the following features fully supported by ShipStream for a seamless integration:
- Excellent USPS pricing with no volume requirements
- Generated customs documents for international orders
- Automatic printing of SCAN forms for end of day pickups
- Package insurance
- Address verification
- Tracking information
If there is a carrier supported by EasyPost that you'd like to use in ShipStream, just put in a request and we'll make it happen!
How to Set Up EasyPost
Users must first sign up with EasyPost to be able to use their account with ShipStream. The EasyPost account will grant users access to an API key, and allow them to generate a Carrier Account ID.
- Find the API Key associated with your EasyPost account. To do so, Log In to EasyPost and click your user name below the logo, and click API Keys.
- Choose a Production API Key that is active and click copy to the right of the input field.
- In ShipStream, navigate to System > Configuration and click the Shipping Methods tab on the left side menu.
- Expand the EasyPost pane and paste the API Key from your EasyPost account. Set Test Mode to No if you wish to create valid shipping labels right away. If set to Yes, the labels will not be usable by the carrier.
- Once the EasyPost API Key is entered, scroll down and expand the USPS pane.
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Choose EasyPost as the Integration Provider.
- Click Save Config
- To integrate your USPS EasyPost account with ShipStream, go to the Carrier Accounts page at EasyPost.com.
- Copy your Carrier Account ID to the clipboard which will start with "ca_" as the prefix.
- With the Carrier Account ID in the clipboard, return to ShipStream and navigate to System > Shipping Accounts and choose a Shipping Account Group to use, then select a carrier you wish to integrate such as USPS from the list.
- In the last pane titled "Carrier Configuration," paste the EasyPost Carrier Account ID.
- EasyPost will now be the API used when shipping with the chosen carrier.
Users can select which endorsement service to request upon a failed delivery. Options include:
- Address Service Requested - Provides forwarding and address correction services when possible. If the mail is undeliverable and not forwardable, it is returned to the sender with the reason identified on the mailpiece.
- Forwarding Service Requested - New address notification is provided with returns.
- Change Service Requested - Provides address correction services without forwarding or return. If undeliverable, either the new address or the reason it is undeliverable is provided to the sender.
- Return Service Requested - Povides address correction services and always returns the piece.
- Leave If No Response
To set the Endorsement options navigate to System > Configuration and click the Shipping Methods tab in the left side menu. Scroll to the USPS pane and expand it. Choose the Endorsement method in the selection menu.