Printers and Scales
Device Hub Overview
Install the Device App
Install the Device Service
Adding Printer and Scale Devices
Legacy Client Migration Guide
Legacy Device Management
Installing the Printer and Scale Client
Printer - Additional Arguments
Troubleshooting the Print and Scale Server
Getting the Local Windows User's Name
Order Processing Loop
Ready to Ship
"Unable to Process" Order status
Custom Fields for Orders
External Shipping Methods
Tracking Numbers for Offline Shipments
Other Shipping Options
Packing Slip Design
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Bill of Materials
Bill of Materials — Quantity-types
Import Bill of Materials
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Third Party Billing
Login via Badge
API Users and Roles
External Shipping Method API
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Amazon Selling Partner
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
How-To: FedEx Production Key Certification
How-To: Brand-Specific Shipping Account
Pattern and Replacement RegEx
ISO Alpha-2 Country Codes
Updated by Cory M.
The Device Service application is a Windows background service. This is ideal if the computer needs to expose its devices to ShipStream even while no user is logged in, or if multiple users login with different Windows user accounts.
Device Service Setup
- To download the Device Service go to https://devices.shipstream.io/downloads or from the ShipStream WMS click System > Device Hub and click New Computer.
- Expand the Device Service option, then click Download.
- Install the Device Service once the download completes.
- Once installation is complete, you may click Finish. It is recommended to keep the "Open Registration Page" option to quickly register your Device Service on the Device Hub.
- The Registration Page will be opened automatically after installation and will display a PIN number. Copy or note this PIN number and return to the Device Hub UI for the next step.
- To set up a new machine on the Device Hub UI, click the green "+ New Computer" button in the upper left corner of the window (if the "Register a New Computer" dialog is not already showing).
- When prompted for a PIN, enter the number from step 5, and a nickname for the machine if needed, then click Register.
You should see your computer appear in the list like this:
Now that you've set up a machine, you will want to add your printer and scale devices.