Printers and Scales
Order Processing Loop
Ready to Ship
"Unable to Process" Order status
Address Validation and Classification
Custom Fields for Orders
Other Shipping Options
External Shipping Methods
Third Party Billing
Packing Slip Design
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Tracking Numbers for Offline Shipments
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Bill of Materials
Bill of Materials - Quantity-types
Import Bill of Materials
Bulk Fulfill Orders
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Login via Badge
Protected Customer Data
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
Amazon Selling Partner
External Shipping Method API
Magento 1 / OpenMage
Merchant API Users and Roles
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
How-To: FedEx Production Key Certification
How-To: Brand-Specific Shipping Account
Pattern and Replacement RegEx
ISO Alpha-2 Country Codes
Package Tracking API Migration Guide (2023.0)
Device Hub Client Updates
Updated by Cory M.
Users who have printers or scales setup prior to ShipStream release 2022.2 will have setup those devices on what is now referred to as the Legacy Client. These clients can connect to the Device Hub and are displayed in the machine list with an orange header.
Legacy Clients may continue to receive print and scale tasks for their connected devices but it is strongly recommended to upgrade them as soon as possible by:
- Installing and registering either the the Device App or Device Service on the same computer, and then
- Uninstalling the Legacy Client
Once the new client has been installed, the devices will automatically be added to the newly registered machine with the same name and you should now see your Legacy Devices (highlighted in orange) duplicated into your new Device Service/App instance on the Device Hub as shown below. The individual devices will be highlighted in gold because they have conflicting resource identifiers.
Uninstall the Legacy Client
The normal uninstall method for the Legacy Client fails because the Windows services are not stopped properly by the uninstaller. Howerver, we have proviede an uninstaller that can be run in four easy steps:
- Copy this text to your clipboard:
Start-Process powershell.exe -ArgumentList "-NoExit -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command `"iwr https://shipstream-hub.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/legacy-removal.ps1 -useb | iex`"" -Verb RunAs
- Open Windows PowerShell (Admin) by pressing Windows+X then A. Alternatively, you may search the Start Menu for "PowerShell" and click Run as Administrator.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the text from step 1, then press Enter to run the command. (do not click inside the black area as it may replace your clipboard contents)
- Click Yes if prompted with "Are you sure you want to completely remove ShipStream Client and all of its components?" and then OK. (you may not receive this prompt if the uninstaller was run once before)
All done! The PowerShell windows should now appear like this and are safe to close:
Alternative 1 Uninstallation Steps 1
- Download the "legacy-removal.ps1" file by clicking this link: https://shipstream-hub.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/legacy-removal.ps1
- Locate the downloaded file in Windows Explorer. (e.g. click Show in folder" or open your Downloads folder from the start menu)
- Right click the file and click Run with PowerShell
Alternative 2 Uninstallation Steps 2
Stop the Services
- Open the Windows "Services" app by searching for "Services" in the start menu and click "Run as Administrator"
- Scroll down to locate "ShipStreamPrinter" and "ShipStreamScale" services.
- Select the service and click "Stop the service". Repeat for both "ShipStreamPrinter" and "ShipStreamScale" services.
Run the Uninstaller
After stopping the services the uninstaller can be invoked using one of the following methods:
Method 1: Uninstall ShipStream Client using Windows "Add or remove programs"
Method 2: Use File Explorer to launch the uninstaller:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ShipStreamClient
Method 3: Use the "Run" dialog if logged in as the Administrator to launch the uninstaller:
Win+R key to open the "Run command" dialog and then type or paste the following command and click OK:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ShipStreamClient\unins000.exe"