Printers and Scales
Order Processing Loop
Ready to Ship
"Unable to Process" Order status
Address Validation and Classification
Custom Fields for Orders
Other Shipping Options
External Shipping Methods
Third Party Billing
Packing Slip Design
Service Levels and Target Ship Dates
Outbound SSCC Barcodes
Tracking Numbers for Offline Shipments
Deliveries (ASNs, RMAs, etc.)
Double-Scan to Begin Count
Auto-Advance to Put-Away After Processing ASN
Bill of Materials/Work Orders
Bill of Materials
Bill of Materials - Quantity-types
Import Bill of Materials
Bulk Fulfill Orders
Time Tracking for Administrators
Time Tracking for Staff
Import Locations, Lots and Inventory
Merchants and Brands
Login via Badge
Amazon Merchant Fulfillment
Amazon Selling Partner
External Shipping Method API
Magento 1 / OpenMage
Merchant API Users and Roles
ShipStream Plugin Fostering Program
Before Create Order Scripts
Preprocess Packing Solution Scripts
Ready to Ship Time Scripts
Picking Class Shipment Matching Scripts
How-To: FedEx Production Key Certification
How-To: Brand-Specific Shipping Account
Pattern and Replacement RegEx
ISO Alpha-2 Country Codes
Package Tracking API Migration Guide (2023.0)
Device Hub Client Updates
Updated by Kevin
Some printer drivers may have odd behaviors when printing from a Windows Service such as not responding to changes in the Printer Preferences. This can usually be remedied by modifying the Windows Service to start using a normal user account instead of the "System" account.
Changing the Service's User
- Press the windows key and type "service" you should see
press enter or click on this icon.
- That will the Services window. Look for the service ShipStreamDevices or ShipStreamPrinter and then double-click top open it's properties.
- Click on the Log On tab. You should see this:
Note: If you don't know the full Account name and path please follow the "Getting the Local Windows User's Name" instructions.
- Switch the Log on as: to "This account" entering the appropriate User name and Password (the ones you use to login to Windows). It will look something like this:
Obviously the user name and password will be different from those shown. Click Apply after you fill in your account name and password.
- After clicking "Apply" an info message window will showing you this info:
Click the OK button to dismiss the dialog.
- Since we clicked the "Apply" button the service properties widow is still open and now we want to click on the General tab. Click "Stop", wait for the progress bar, then click "Start".