Upon sign up you will be provided with a link to manage your Scales and an admin username and password.
Each connected client (see Installing the Printer and Scale Client) will appear in the list. Click Edit to manage the scales for a given client.
Adding a Scale
On the Edit page, click "Add Resource" and fill out the form fields. After saving you can click "Test" to confirm that a reading was able to be retrieved from the scale.
If your scale barcode reads
SCALE:001 then the resource should be
/001. This should be unique for each device so that each device can have a unique barcode.
For true USB scales (Mettler Toledo PS90 or similar and Stamps.com scales and maybe others) enter
For serial scales (or scales that use a serial interface with a USB adapter) enter
This field requires values in valid JSON format array and the value depends on what type of scale you have.
UsbScale command enter the scale number or leave it blank if there is only one scale (equivalent to
["0"]). If one computer has multiple scales you can enter ["1"], ["2"], etc.
SerialScale command enter the following arguments in this order:
- The COM port the scale is connected to. e.g. "COM3"
- The Baud rate at which the scale communicates. e.g. "9600"
- The command to issue to get a reading. e.g. "P" or "S"
- The transmit-receive terminators. e.g. "CRLF-LF"
A complete example would be
["COM3", "9600", "S", "CRLF-LF"] for a Mettler Toledo ICS425 connected to COM3.
Here are some known values for other common scale models:
- Mettler Toledo PS series (Toledo protocol): default 9600 baud, H command, -CR terminator
- Mettler Toledo PS series (FedEx protocol): default 9600 baud, W command, CR-ETX terminator
- Mettler Toledo SICS protocol (e.g. ICS425): default 9600 baud, S command, CRLF-LF terminator
- Adam Equipment: default 9600 or 4800 baud, P command, CRLF-LF terminator
- Adam Equipment CPWplus series: default 9600 baud, N command, CRLF terminator
- -CR (no transmit terminator, CR receive terminator)
- -LF (no transmit terminator, LF receive terminator)
- -ETX (no transmit terminator, ETX receive terminator)
- CR (CR transmit terminator, CR receive terminator)
- CR-ETX (CR transmit terminator, ETX receive terminator)
- LF (LF transmit terminator, LF receive terminator)
- CRLF (CRLF transmit terminator, CRLF receive terminator)
- CRLF-LF (CRLF transmit terminator, LF receive terminator)